Do you provide installation sheets for your products?

All of our parts have technical drawings available on the product page. Installation guides are also available for select products (if applicable). In select cases, cut sheets or templates are provided for items with cutouts of irregular shape (i.e. oval or custom laminate instructions). This does not include round, square, or rectangular cutouts.

Are there any clean and care instructions for parts?

General cleaning and care instructions for any metal, powder coated, or plated finishes simply include dampening a soft cloth with warm water and gently dabbing any affected areas. For heavily affected areas, apply soap in moderation. Avoid aggressive chemical solvents (i.e. bleach and acidic or alkaline solutions).

Why should I wait to receive my parts before cutting/drilling holes in my furniture?

We provide technical drawings for reference, but we recommend waiting until you have the parts in hand to do any drilling or routing, just to ensure that you eliminate any room for error. This is simply a precautionary measure as once the hole is made, it might be too late! All parts carry a small +/- tolerance.


What is NEC?

National Electric Code (NEC) is a set of standards for the safe installation of electrical wiring and equipment in the United States. It is part of the National Fire Code series published by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). While it is a national organization and sets a blanket set of safety guidelines, it is not federal law is meant to be adopted regionally with respect to local safety provisions. It is typically adopted by states and municipalities in an effort to standardize their enforcement of safe electrical practices. In some cases, the NEC is amended, altered and may even be rejected in lieu of regional regulations as voted on by local governing bodies. We suggest you consult with your electrician for any power tap installation as code varies by region and your local Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) would inspect for compliance with these minimum standards.

What are UL and ETL?

Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and Electrical Testing Labs/Intertek (ETL) are both Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTL) that provide independent safety and quality certifications on electrical components to ensure the safety of the user. Always look for a certification mark from an NRTL facility on your electrical equipment. You may already be familiar with the Underwriters Laboratories (UL) as it has been the leader in electrical testing since its inception in 1894. Many of our parts are in fact UL listed. So how is ETL different than UL? ETL actually adheres to UL standards in their testing, so you can be confident that an ETL Listed mark indicates that the product has been tested to North American product safety standards by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) with the same level of protection as UL. A NRTL is an independent laboratory recognized by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Like the UL mark, ETL is recognized and readily accepted by manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ). This certification demonstrates compliance with widely accepted safety standards and periodic follow-up inspections. UL is the most widely recognized testing certification in the US, but ETL is equally as accepted. We even have others that are CSA approved. A CSA listing is a Canadian certification, which also adheres to the same electrical standards and testing procedures. See links for more information on each: ETL, UL, CSA.

What are ADA guidelines?

The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) set forth a series of accessibility standards to accommodate persons with physical handicaps in varying capacities in the areas of employment, transportation, public accommodation, communications, and governmental activities. Many of our parts are ADA compliant under the established provisions. Click here for more information on ADA compliance in functional hardware applications.

What are Hospital Grade Receptacles?

Hospital Grade receptacles are required for use in critical care locations and are tested to higher standards of terminal strength and grounding reliability with greater impact resistance and grounding durability. We offer hospital grade receptacles as a custom option on many of our power grommets that are spill-proof, PVC-free, and available in our attractive Power Grommet housings for mixed use throughout your facility. Click here for more information and a listing of available models.

What are Tamper Reisistant Receptacles?

Tamper Resistant (TR) Receptacles provide an added safety measure set in place by National Electric Code (NEC) to help prevent electric shock. TR outlets prevent electrical contact with foreign objects, thus preventing electric shock and even death. These outlets have spring-loaded shutters that must be simultaneously engaged by the blades of a plug in order to release, allowing the metal prongs to make contact to create and electrical current. Therefore, when a foreign object, like a paper clip or a pin for instance, is inserted, the safety shutter will not allow access to the live contact. When a plug is removed and the receptacle is not in use, the shutters close and both contact openings are covered. TR receptacles are only required in places where children may be present in the interest of child safety and are not required in office settings or commercial applications. TR receptacles are also not required on "relocatable power taps" per UL classification, though many of our units have the TR option for added safety in the event they are used in home or hospitality settings. Click here to see our PCS units with Tamper Resistant Electrical Receptacles.

Do you offer Safety Data Sheets?

All of our parts are made with the highest quality standards in mind, and we pride ourselves on our service and giving you the best possible experience. We understand that you and your clients have very specific needs, and we are happy to provide any information you need. If you need product certification or verification to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements, we can provide you with a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). For any questions regarding manufacturing or information on hazardous materials, please call for more information at 310-318-2491.